Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Being like Him!

The light of the righteous shines brightly, but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.
Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice.
Proverbs 13:9-10
Pride is something we all struggle with. Especially me. I can’t help but wonder why. I think I found the reason. I love being right, I love to rub it in your face and say HA HA. I’m smarter, stronger, cuter, more intelligent, etc. But why would I do that? I don’t know. It’s second nature. Every person on the face of this earth does not want to admit they’re wrong. Let’s say you get in an argument with a friend or co-worker, and you’re 100% sure that you’re right. What do you do? Argue until he/she gives up? NO! W.W.J.D. What would Jesus do? How many times did the Pharisees think they were right? Always. How many times did Jesus argue??? Never. You’re probably saying, “I’m not Jesus. I can’t be perfect. Just because Jesus can do it doesn’t mean I can.” You’re exactly right! We can’t be like Him. Have you ever striven to be like an infamous football player or a movie star? You work to be as good as them even though you know your chances are pretty slim, right? Well then why do we not strive to be just like Jesus?
I want you to think about being like Him. To be the bigger person and stop always having to be right (even if you are). I want you to go to school/work and take all the advice you can unless, of course, it's against God’s word.

No comments:

Post a Comment